Endurance’s Stem Merchandiser is the ultimate high-speed stem breakdown system available. Endurance’s Rotary Positioner coupled with our all electric Vertical Carriage system can process tree length stems at rates of up to 14 per minute. Transverse bucking eliminates the necessity of waiting on cut logs to clear the cut zone before bucking the next stem. All cuts on each tree-length stem are made in one continuous cycle. Superior positioning with absolute encoders and verification with the latest laser range finder technology guarantees that cut lengths are consistent within +/- .250” of desired overcut.
After bucking, the optimized blocks are discharged transversely gently with minimal momentum to the outfeed conveyor. A smart tipple can be added to dispatch oversize blocks, plywood blocks, poles, waste ends or defects transversely out of system flow without lineal movement. Log stops, log clamps, high speed log conveyor chains that start and stop are not required.
Scanning can be performed lineally or transversely with bark on or off. Space requirements are minimal and installation cost is normally less than that of lineal cut up systems.
Vertical Carriage Saw Merchandiser
/ Plyblock Merchandiser:
- Processing of stems into fully optimized blocks at rates of up to 14 tree-length stems per minute.
- Transverse configuration Vertical Carriage saw modules cut stems into optimized blocks in one continuous motion, without stem repositioning.
- Rotary Positioner with electric gate pre-positions next stem to be cut during sawing cycle.
- Blocks are optimized/cut to suit breakdown equipment specific to your mill.
- Block lengths are always dimensionally consistent and overcut can easily be changed as needed.
- Defect cuts can be removed anywhere along the stem length transversely, without lineal stem movement.
- The operator can perform Lily Pad Cuts on an as needed basis or automatically via the bucking software.
- Log sizes from 3″ to 38″ diameter and stem lengths to 70′ can be processed.
- Stem Merchandising is offered in a variety of configurations and sizes to suit the customer’s layout and production requirements.