We heard that Steve Conner was going to build a new Sawmill in Homerville, Georgia. After contacting Steve, a meeting was set up to determine how we could participate in the sawmill build. At the time of meeting, Steve had already secured a spot with Cone Omega to furnish the log breakdown system and he needed a Stem Merchandiser to handle up to 10 incoming stems per minute.
After layouts were completed, Conner Holdings, LLC purchased the equipment to perform the stem cut up and the log handling to the Cone Omega system. The equipment purchased included:
- Debarker Outfeed Belt designed to be operated at start up in manual/ auto assist cut up mode, with the capability of converting to full scanning as needed. 3 sets of electric stem sweep kickers were included to kick the incoming stems off of the belt.
- Rotary Positioner with electric positioning gate.
- 2 saw, Vertical Carriage System capable of cutting anywhere along the length of the 50’ track. 48” saws handle the cut up of the 15” max. diameter stems.
- Merchandiser Outfeed Belt system with MDI Metal Detection, Kick out for metal logs and a receiving, straightening pocket for squaring incoming pitched logs and elevating them smoothly onto the Accumulation Deck for transfer.
- A Log Indexer that can index up to 25 log blocks per minute very smoothly with minimal impact or roll out on to the Omega Infeed Belt.
The total system is all electric. No hydraulics are used.
The system started up recently and immediately was running at stem rates up to 10 per minute. Conner is very pleased with the quick start up and the simplicity of the system.